2012 Northwest Family Business Survey
In 2012, PFBI conducted a survey of Pacific Northwest family businesses regarding current issues and challenges, ongoing business operations, and the growth and performance of their businesses. In addition to this baseline study, follow-up surveys are planned to monitor trends and gauge the health of family businesses in the region over time.
Specific goals included the following:
- To understand the issues, challenges, and benefits unique to family businesses
- To hear about key issues family businesses anticipate for the future
- To gather information on business operations and characteristics
- To understand how current and potential laws and regulations affect family businesses
An additional goal of the survey was to create a panel of family business representatives for participation in future studies.
The 2012 Northwest Family Business Survey was sponsored by Cascadia Capital and Perkins Coie.
For more information, download the fact sheet or full report of survey findings.
- "Keeping it All in the Family" – Puget Sound Business Journal, June 15-21, 2012